Grainger Engineering Library Information Center
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Home | Resources | Services | Staff | Building | Help
Indexes and Abstracts of Government Publications
The following list identifies selected indexes and abstracts of government publications in
science and technology. The sources appear in alphabetical order by title:
Energy Research Abstracts (ERA)
- Published by the Department of Energy
(DOE) Office of Scientific and Technical Information (OSTI).
- Provides citations with abstracts for all scientific and technical
reports and patent applications originated by DOE and its laboratories,
energy centers, and contractors. Searchable by subject, personal author,
corporate author, contract number, and report number.
- Located at call number 016.3338 in the Grainger Indexes and Abstracts Collection
(holdings include 1975 - 1995). Print publication of ERA ceased in December
- The Virtual Library of Energy Science and Technology contains
searchable bibliographic records from peer-reviewed journal literature, gray literature (including technical reports produced by the DOE) and
a preprint network. Subject-specific information portals also provide full-text DOE scientific and technical reports, links to journal literature,
and other information sources.
Government Reports Announcements and Index (GRA&I)
- Published by the National Technical Information
- Provides citations with abstracts for the scientific and technical reports
received by NTIS. Searchable by subject, personal author, corporate author,
contract/grant number, and NTIS order/report number.
- Located at call number A.600UN34B in the Grainger Indexes and Abstracts Collection
(holdings include 1946 - 1996). Print publication of GRA&I ceased in
- The NTIS Technical Reports
Database provides bibliographic citations to over 350,000 printed publications
and technical reports that NTIS has received from government agencies since 1990.
International Aerospace Abstracts (IAA)
- Published by the American Institute of Aeronautics
and Astronautics (AIAA).
- Provides citations with abstracts for literature in the field of aeronautics and
space science and technology, including AIAA meeting papers. Searchable by subject,
personal author, meeting and report number, and accession number.
- Located at call number 629.1305INTE in the Grainger Indexes and Abstracts Collection
(holdings include 1961 - present).
Monthly Catalog of United States Government Publications (MoCat)
Scientific and Technical Aerospace Reports (STAR)
Return to the Government Publications Main Page
Return to Resources Main Page | Grainger Home Page | Search Web Site |
Comments to: Engineering Library